Bomber strikes Pakistan army post

Attacks on security checkpoints have increased in the province in recent months
A suicide bomber has killed at least 12 people in northwest Pakistan in an attack on a security checkpost, military officials said.
Monday's attack was near an army-run school in Kohat town in the North West Frontier Province, where armed men have made repeated attacks on security forces in recent months.
Major General Waheed Arshad, a Pakistani military spokesman, confirmed the attack on state televison. Army recruits were passing by the checkpost at the time of the attack, a military official said.
It was the third suicide attack aimed at the military since Friday, and came two days after Pervez Musharraf, the Pakistani president, lifted a state of emergency, saying that a wave of violence had been stopped.
Read MoreGet Involved
If you'd like to help with maintaining or developing the website, contact us.
Publish
Publish your stories and upcoming events on Indybay.